2018 Volunteer APPLICATIONS - now closed
If you've volunteered previously, welcome back! We look forward to seeing old friends again at the 2018 Folk by the Sea festival. If you are a first time volunteer, you are about to discover a wonderful, rewarding experience! You'll make new friends, learn new skills and obtain great satisfaction.
Volunteers are generally required to be available from Friday evening until Saturday evening at the Kiama Showground Pavilion venues. There are a limited number required to assist with setup during Friday daytime and for packup on Sunday morning.
BAR STAFF - 6 - 8 hours Bar positions now filled.
- Must have current RSA
- Be willing to work late Friday and/or Saturday evening
- Able to work in bar area serving drinks within RSA guidelines
- Be able to handle cash and tills
- Maintain bar area and its surrounds by clearing away empty containers and disposing of them safely.
GENERAL VOLUNTEER - 6 - 8 hours All general volunteer positions now filled.
- Check wristbands at venue entrances
- Monitor and maintain safe arrangement of chairs so that emergency exits are clear at all times
- Ensure all rubbish is removed from venues betwen acts if necessary.
- Move "wheely" bins from storage area to venue areas and return when full.
- Most General Volunteers will be required to do 2 hours on car park duty which will require you to check eligible cars onto site and keep all exit lanes clear.
- If you are not able to stand for an hour or so, please note this on your application.
SET UP AND PACK DOWN - 6 - 8 hours - All set-up pack down positions now filled
- Assist with unloading and reloading of hired equipment
- Assist with setting out of chairs in venues
- Moving and folding out tables
- Putting pasters and banners in place.
- We have chair carriers and trolleys to assist with most of the manual handling.
BILLETING OF MUSICIANS - all weekend - All billetting positions now filled.
- Provide accommodation within the Kiama area for one or more musicians for the weekend of the festival.
- You will also need to provide meals and assist with their transport to the festival if needed.
- Learn new skills
- References available
- Meet like minded people
- Support a great and unique community event
- Purchase Illawarra Folk Club CDs at 50% discount
To be considered as a volunteer please fill in the following form.
NO FURTHER VOLUNTEERS WILL BE CONSIDERED. CHECK BACK IN 2019
Before doing so please read the Code of Conduct and Terms of Agreement