The festival is set in the picturesque South Coast town of Kiama.
Festival Help Guide (extract from the Souvenir Program)
This may be your first folk festival, so here’s some idea about what to do.
- Buy your pass on-line to save you money and time. CLICK HERE TO BUY
- Buy your camping pass online as well as these are only issued with 2 Day Festival Passes.
- If you’re driving to the festival then make your way to the Kiama Showground Pavilion
- If you’re using public transport then walk up to the main entry gate and head for the Festival Office in the Kiama Showground Pavilion.
- Make sure you get a full programme when you do the pass wristband exchange. This is your map to the venues, performers and general information.
- Grab a refreshment and study the program to decide who you want to see and whenor just take pot luck!
- Having a highlighterpen is a good idea. Mark the events you want to catch.
- Don’t panic if you can’t make up your mind! Chances are you won’t know too many of the acts. Just walk the site! You’ll discover music you’ve never heard or you’ll end up dancing, reciting or just watching. If you don’t like what you see move onto another venue.
- At the end of the day (night) and if you’ve still got energy then hang around the bar as the musicians will be up for a tune or two. Sometimes the best music is played spontaneously at these late sessions!
- Remember to have fun, but be courteous to your fellow festival goers when leaving!
Useful Phone Numbers
- Ambulance, Police, Fire: 000
- Radio Doctors 4228 5522
- Wollongong Hospital 4222 5000
- SES 132 500
- NRMA Roadside Assistance 13 1111
The Festival Ticket Office is located in the Kiama Showground Pavilion. This is where you purchase passes or exchange your pre-purchased pass voucher for a wristband. Please wear it at all times! Adjacent to the Festival Office is the registration area for artists, sponsors and media.
Festival Office Opening Times
- Friday 10am – 10pm
- Saturday 7.30am – 9pm
You may leave messages at the Festival Office, however the Festival cannot take responsibility for messages being received.
- Festival Info line: 1300 887 034
- For local tourist information, call the Kiama Visitors Centre, 1300 654 262.
Smoke Free Festival
FOLK by the SEA is a Smoke Free Festival. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the Festival site, including camping areas. Festival Volunteers The Festival runs entirely on volunteers who appreciate a helping hand and the odd thank you! If you can also volunteer
a few hours work then please see the wonderful folk in the Festival Office.
The Festival organises its own bar and the proceeds help keep ticket prices down. Please patronise it but do drink sensibly! The bar is conducted strictly according to licensing regulations, ie under-aged and intoxicated persons will not be served and no alcohol is to be
taken inside or outside licensed areas.
Lost and Found
All lost and found items including persons should be reported to the Festival Office.
Many festival goers are able to camp in the grounds around the Showground and do so for the duration of the Festival. They all quickly settle into the relaxed village atmosphere and musical environment.
- Please no campfires or pets.
- There is to be a minimum of 2.5 metres between tents.
- Please recycle waste where possible.
- Children and youth who are camping must be accompanied by a responsible camping adult.
- Please do not leave any valuables in cars or tents.
There are hot water showers available in the Rugby Club building. Please conserve water and keep your showers short.
Late Night Partying
A noise curfew will apply to all camping areas after 10pm. Anyone wishing to session on can go to the Pavilion. Please keep all sessions inside the building. Please be courteous of other campers and festival neighbours.
The Festival aims to provide a safe environment for families. Parents and guardians are responsible for their children at all times.
- Taxi (02) 4237 7505
- Train times & Fares 131 500
- Bus Services Premier Illawarra (02) 4271 1322, Kiama Coachlines (02) 4232 3466
- QANTAS 131 313 • VIRGIN 136 789 • JETSTAR 131 538
Festival First Aid staff will be wearing a Green vest. The Festival First Aid room is in the lower level of The Pavilion at the Surf Beach (southern) end. If the First Aid room is not attended please contact a Festival staff member in a green, red or blue vest.